Mirrors:These web pages are known to be mirrored at the following sites:
The following sites are updated daily and have version 2.0.0 available
- Austria (maintained by Antonin Sprinzl)
- Canada (maintained by Paul Davidson)
- China (maintained by Jerry Li)
- Germany (maintained by Florian Klämpfl)
- Israel (FTP only) (maintained by Ido Kanner)
- The Netherlands 2 (maintained by MCGV Stack)
- Norway (maintained by Linux Solutions, Norway (Linux Løsninger))
- Russia (Webpages only) (maintained by Michail A.Baikov).
- United States (maintained by Michael Hess).
- Russia (FTP only) (maintained by Serge Krashakov).
The following sites are out-dated and will be removed in the futurehere for instructions on how to do it.
IRC channelsYou can try to meet the core Free Pascal developers using IRC channel #fpc on server irc.freenode.net. Most of the core developers are Europeans, so choosing a decent European hour may improve your chances to contact them ;-).
Free Pascal related projects that contain an IDE or development tools:
- Lazarus is a project that aims to develop a Delphi clone using the Free Pascal Compiler. This projects includes a rapid development IDE based on its own class library the LCL which adaptes to GTK+ on Linux and Win32.
- Dev-pascal is a free Windows IDE programmed in Delphi which uses Free Pascal as the underlying compiler. It supports everything a IDE should do, debugging included.
- MOS (Master Operating System) is a GUI toolkit like Visual Pascal for making grafical programs that will compile with BP7 and Free Pascal; it comes with a visual development tool for resource editing and should run under DOS and Windows.
- OpenSibyl is a project that aims to deliver Delphi-like RAD tool primarily for OS/2 using Free Pascal Compiler. The complete set of OS/2 features should be made available, not just the most portable common set - this is what makes it different from Lazarus.
Other Free Pascal related sites:
- Pascal Game Development is a website dedicated to develop computer games in the Pascal language.
- Friends-of-fpc: Lots of good articles
- FreePascal.ru: Informacionnyj portal dlya razrabotchikov na Free Pascal & Lazarus & MSE
- Freepascal support page by Carl Eric Codère. contains some experimental versions of Freepascal, pre-built cross-compilers for Win32 platforms, as well as general information on FPC.
- Pasdoc by Marco Schmidt, Johannes Berg and Carl Eric Codère is a tool for documenting your source code that generates HTML and LaTeX documentation directly from the sources.
- Here you can find a nice pascal tutorial. It covers basic pascal, but does not treat Object Oriented Programming.
- More links to Pascal tutorials.
- Free Pascal meets SDL contains lots of information on how to develop Simple Direct Media Layer applications using Free Pascal.
Other Pascal Pages:
- Graphics Vision, a clone of Turbo Vision that works in graphics mode; a port for FPC is being developed.
- Pascal Central, where you can find a lot of info on Pascal programming on the Mac, but also quite a few general Pascal links.
- The pascal Yacc and Lex home page for information on the yacc and lex prgrams for pascal.
- DJGPP is the central information source for GNU C for MS-DOS and programming with Go32v2. It provides lots of Unix alike utils plus some more that are DOS specific. Further it provides documentation on most of the Unix tools plus further information on AT&T assembler coding.