The preferences dialog is called by the menu item ”Options—Environment—Preferences”.
The preferences dialog is shown in figure (6.33).
Figure 6.33: The preferences dialog
- The drop down list at the top of the dialog allows selecting a video mode. The
available video modes depend on the system on which the IDE is running.
- The video mode must be selected by pressing space or clicking on it. If the drop
down list is opened while leaving the dialog, the new video mode will not be
- For the dos version of the IDE, the following should be noted: When using VESA
modes, the display refresh rate may be very low. On older graphics card (1998 and
before), it is possible to use the UniVBE driver from SciTech
- Specifies where the desktop file is saved: the current directory, or the directory
where the config file was found.
- Here it is possible to set which files are saved when a program is run or when the IDE
- The contents of all open edit windows will be saved.
- The current environment settings will be saved.
- The desktop file with all desktop settings (open windows, history lists,
breakpoints etc.) will be saved.
- Some special behaviours of the IDE can be specified here:
Auto track source
Close on go to source
- When checked, the messages window is closed when the ’go
to source line’ action is executed.
Change dir on open
- When a file is opened, the directory of that file is made the
current working directory.