This mode is selected by the $MODE TP switch. It tries to emulate, as closely as possible, the
behavior of Turbo Pascal 7. On the command line, this mode is selected by the -Mtp
- Enumeration sizes default to a storage size of 1 byte if there are less than 257 elements.
- You cannot use the address operator to assign procedural variables.
- A forward declaration does not have to be repeated exactly the same by the
implementation of a function/procedure. In particular, you can omit the parameters
when implementing the function or procedure.
- Overloading of functions is not allowed.
- The Objpas unit is NOT loaded.
- Nested comments are not allowed.
- You cannot use the cvar type.
- Strings are shortstrings by default.