Switching on Dephi compatibility mode has the following effect:
- Support for Classes, exceptions and threadvars is enabled.
- The objpas is loaded as the first unit. This unit redefines some basic types: Integer is
32-bit for instance.
- The address operator (@) is no longer needed to set event handlers (i.e. assign to
procedural variables or properties).
- Names of local variables and method parameters in classes can match the name of
properties or field of the class.
- The String keyword implies AnsiString by default.
- Operator overloading is switched off.