This mode is selected by the $MODE FPC switch. On the command line, this means that you use
none of the other compatibility mode switches. It is the default mode of the compiler (-Mfpc). This
- You must use the address operator to assign procedural variables.
- A forward declaration must be repeated exactly the same by the implementation of a
function/procedure. In particular, you cannot omit the parameters when implementing
the function or procedure.
- Overloading of functions is allowed.
- Nested comments are allowed.
- The Objpas unit is NOT loaded.
- You can use the cvar type.
- PChars are converted to strings automatically.
- Strings are shortstrings by default.